A Handshake decimates an entire Community.
That’s how we arrived at where we are today.
The DNR and GLIFWC reviewed the data collected (with a 30% margin of error) and decided that 40,00 pounds will be the quota, and because they agreed to it, they will not even consider that the data could be 30% or more to the good as the summer catch showed.
The DNR offered the Input group numerous options for the season and the MOST CONSERVATIVE option (1 Walleye) was chosen by the D…NR because the they said there was an 80% chance that we would make the season without going to catch and release. (How is that for accuracy?)
They are going to economically devastate hundreds of families in the surrounding areas (Not just resorts). So, here we are, over a handshake deal that was behind closed doors.
Feel free to ask the DNR if any of the following is true.
Aitkin fisheries 218-429-3010
– Mille lacs is not, I repeat not on the verge of collapse.
– Catch and release would not have put the lake in jeopardy, it only would have gone against the HANDSHAKE.
– There is an abundance of spawning age females.
– There is a 2013 year class that rivals any year class..ever.
– This was one of the most consistent summer fishing for walleyes than many can remember. All sizes of walleyes were caught in all areas of the lake.
– Mille lacs has a few weak year classes of walleyes, as it always has in the history of the lake.
Please share this, please share this, please share this….